POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Bill Dewitt
Date: 27 Dec 2000 11:51:01
Message: <3a4a1df5$1@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote :

> >     That's what happens when a few people complain loudly and
insistently
> > instead of just killfiling what they don't like to read.
>
> Are you saying the rights of the abusive few out weigh the rights of
> the many ? That is ridiculous by any stretch of the imagination and
> not even worthy of discussion !

    No, I said nothing of the sort. This is how abusive threads start, by
someone taking offense at something that was -not- said. I said, and I
repeat, that it was those who loudly and insistently complained that caused
the problem, as evidenced by the fact that much more inflammatory subjects
were discussed earlier without the group being shut down.

    The "problem" under discussion BTW, is not inflammatory threads, it is
the unwarranted and arbitrary shut down of the OT group.

    As for who's rights are being outweighed, I suggest that the "rights" of
those who use the group for entertainment and community are being abused by
those who use the group for advancement of their hate. Those people should
not be listened to if they can't be polite. I know who those people are
because several of them have emailed me and attempted to continue their
agenda of hate and insult since the OT group was shut down.