POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rotate around central axis : Re: Rotate around central axis Server Time
2 May 2024 14:47:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate around central axis
From: Tom Melly
Date: 21 Dec 2000 06:03:08
Message: <3a41e36c@news.povray.org>
"Philippe-H Cadet" <del### [at] videotronca> wrote in message

> As I can see Povray is not vertex based, anyways I goin to try avoid this
> metal illusion
> that a shape or 3d object can have a middle.

It's a very common beginners misconception. I suspect because beginners
start with the simple shapes such as sphere etc. which can easily behave as
though they do have a centre (as well as having their position defined with
just one set of co-ordinates).

For me, it wasn't until I started working with blobs that I began to
understand what was going on.