POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches : Re: Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches Server Time
10 May 2024 11:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches
From: Tony[B]
Date: 17 Dec 2000 12:43:56
Message: <3a3cfb5c@news.povray.org>
> That's a bit different from tesselating an object... :-)

Duh... :)

> A similar syntax could be used, though...especially if you ignore
> texturing information and only read geometry:

<snip> Yes, geometry is the only thing I really care about. That syntax
sounds OK. I would love to be able to use these files directly without
worrying about translating them to POV meshes. With the ability to read in
the files we could write macros to export to PCM all within POV... anyway, I
can dream, can't I? :)