POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The official POV-Ray logo : Re: The official POV-Ray logo Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:02:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The official POV-Ray logo
From: Rune
Date: 13 Dec 2000 08:25:10
Message: <3a3778b6@news.povray.org>
"Nathan Kopp" wrote:

> The primary change is that in the black and white version,
> the white "highlights" are removed, so it looks more solid.

Ahh, perfect! I never liked those. :)

I actually thought about suggesting Chris to remove them back when he had
just submitted the logo, but for some reason I never did. I did suggest it
to TonyB though, who originally also had highlights in the b/w version of
his logo.

> The only other potential change (though this one is not
> for sure) would be to rotate it (the "official" solid
> monotone version) about 25 degrees clockwise so that the
> crescent is horizontal and the cone at the base is swept
> back.  This adds more movement to the logo, but it
> decreases the visibility of the embedded "P-O-V".  No
> decision has been made about whether or not we want to
> rotate it.

In my experience a design can be stylish and it can be dynamic. But not both
at the same time. I think this applies to this logo as well. If you rotate
it 25 degrees clockwise it will appear more dynamic but less stylish. I
personally definitely prefer the stylish version (not rotated). I think when
rotated it looks odd and unbalanced. I wonder if the votes would have been
different if... Never mind, it's your decision! :)

> Hopefully we can get somebody (maybe Chris C) to make us a nice splash
> screen that uses the logo.  :-)

:)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)