POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The official POV-Ray logo : Re: The official POV-Ray logo Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The official POV-Ray logo
From: Tony[B]
Date: 12 Dec 2000 18:11:27
Message: <3a36b09f@news.povray.org>
> The POV-Team officially has decided to
> adopt logo #2 submitted by Chris Colefax.

Heartfelt (yet slightly envious ;) congratulations to the great Chris
Colefax, whose numerous contributions to the POV community cannot and must
not be ignored. Way to go Chris! :-D

> However they are working with Chris
> on some minor revisions to the logo.

So long as they're for the better and make it look more professional-like.
(Not that it currently doesn't, but that it will look more-so :)

> ... [it] will not be significantly different from the
> original but enough that the changes are obvious.

If this is the case, then it will still look more or less like an ice-cream
cone, right?

> The POV-Team also caution that because of the major amount of
> work left to be done with the release of POV-Ray v3.5 they may
> not have time to include the logo along with the release of v3.5.

Oh, come on... it can't take that long to add it, can it? We don't mind
waiting a bit longer. Heck, most of us (myself included) wonder if this
"POV-Ray 3.5" really exists at all... ;)