POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another bicubic patch question : Re: Another bicubic patch question Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another bicubic patch question
From: Rune
Date: 11 Dec 2000 12:32:04
Message: <3a350f94@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your explanation Ron. I think I understand it.

However, I can't get it to work.

I tried to look at the code Chris Colefax posted in his reply. When I
changed the variable V2 to 2.0 the patches seemed to meet the criteria you
mentioned, if I understood them correctly.

(To see it more clearly comment out the reference sphere, toggle of the
patches, use location <3,0,-3> in the camera, and add "orthographic" in the
end of it)

But still the patches aren't joined completely smoothly.

How comes?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org