POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another bicubic patch question : Re: Another bicubic patch question Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another bicubic patch question
From: Rune
Date: 11 Dec 2000 12:32:02
Message: <3a350f92@news.povray.org>
"Chris Colefax" wrote:
> The code below creates something like a sphere based on a cube of patches.
(...)
> I can't seem to get a shape that is close to
> spherical *and* smooth at the seams (if you comment out the reference
sphere
> and turn off the hull you can clearly see the discontinuities in shading).

I probably didn't emphasise enough that the only thing that matters is that
they should join  smoothly. They don't have to make out a spherical shape...

Did you have any luck in joining the patches completely smoothly?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org