POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Best size for CD cover? : Re: A second question... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second question...
From: Rune
Date: 10 Dec 2000 10:52:21
Message: <3a33a6b5@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" wrote:
> If I want the back cover to "follow" the front, should I:
>
> [1] make the image twice as wide and then cut it in two pieces, or
> [2] move the camera over?
>
> I think [1] will make the perspective look weird, while [2] will be a
> mess to get the two pictures to align.

If I understand you right I think you should make the image thrice as wide
and use the center piece for the front, the left piece for the back and
don't use the right piece.

That way the perspective will be centered on the front which is more
important, and the distortion will appear mostly on the back. BTW, the
smaller angle you use, the less the image is distorted by perspective. You
can also experiment with other camera types.

If you move the camera over it will be impossible to make the two images
align, since they're taken from different angles. Unless you use
orthographic camera.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org