POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : light source & camera CHM help 496 Kb : Re: light source & camera CHM help 496 Kb Server Time
1 May 2024 18:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light source & camera CHM help 496 Kb
From: Bob H
Date: 9 Dec 2000 19:04:57
Message: <3a32c8a9@news.povray.org>
"Fabien HENON" <ffj### [at] club-internetfr> wrote in message
> Here a version of POV-help compiled in chm format including light and
> camera with a few enhancements.
> It is designed to be viewed at 1024 x 768.
> At 800 x 600, the layout is sopmewhat destroyed.

First of all it's great work, concise and easy to follow.  I didn't proof read
but I scanned over the segments and it all looked good to me, with the one
exception that your white light bulb is yellow which might confuse someone.
That's in the light_source segment on "color".  The cyan light bulb is okay but
then comparing that with the white light bulb (which shows as yellow as I said)
then you expect a yellowish light source.  Reading of course clears that up
but... an incorrectness I'd say.
Only other thing that caught my attention was the "tightness" article, but I
think you are showing as much as possible at once.  The radius 18 falloff 18
along with tightness 100.  I think it works okay, but I stopped to wonder if
someone without any knowledge of it would stumble over that.  It's probably
just because it's all old stuff to me and yet I still have to think as I type
those keywords in, you know, like my thinking getting in the way.
I'm anticipating seeing how this tutorial grows.

Oh, one other thing.  When I first ran these two chm files they started too
small for me, about a 250x250 square window so I maximized them.  After closing
and opening again they came up as almost full screen (1152x864 res. here) but
not maximized.  You said 1024x768 so that made me think they were supposed to
open at that res.  What I'm seeing now is really that they are maximized minus
the window borders.  Just the first ever run time was small.

Bob H.