POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing out scenes : Re: printing out scenes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing out scenes
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 9 Dec 2000 16:14:24
Message: <3a32a0b0@news.povray.org>
I have had good luck getting scenes printed at Instyprints near me.  They
print posters that are 34 inches wide by 25.5 inches tall.  The images look
very clear, but I typically render them quite large.  By large I mean they
are 10240 x 7680. (Tens times larger than typical big screen size.) This
means the images will have to be copied to a CD (they are about 250 meg in
size) and Instyprints wants them in TIF format.  I could render them smaller
but I want to take no chances of them looking "pixely."  I also render them
so if I want to even go larger at some point they will not loose anything.
I render them to BMP and then use a graphics program to convert them to TIF
images.  They charge me about $50 (U.S.) for each print.  They will also
print to glossy stock or vinyl but the cost is higher.

At 16x20 you could probably render half (or less) the size I am and still
get very good prints.