POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bicubic patch with 3 corners ? : Bicubic patch with 3 corners ? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bicubic patch with 3 corners ?
From: Rune
Date: 7 Dec 2000 13:36:55
Message: <3a2fd8c7@news.povray.org>
I have learned myself how to handcode bicubic patches that fits seamlessly
together. However, I never get the result I want when I try to make a patch
where two of the corners lie in the same point.

Say I want to make a unit-sphere made of 8 bicubic patches. Could you show
me what one of those patches would look like in POV-code? It doesn't have to
be a 100% perfect sphere, but I don't want any "folds" anywhere.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org