POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline question : Re: Spline question Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline question
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 3 Dec 2000 14:19:20
Message: <3a2a9cb8@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> schrieb in im
Newsbeitrag: 3A2A7D6A.D2C02B28@gmx.de...

> Rune wrote:

> >                       _-
> >                   __--
> > o-------o----___o-  <=======
> >

> I'm not very experienced with splines, but putting one or
several extra
> points where the arrow points could help.

I think this would make it even more difficult ...
it would go with the same amount down, but it would be thinner in
the horizontal direction...
For me it is a rule, that the closer the controlpoints of a
spline are, the harder it is to control...

it would help a bit, to raise the third point (as Warp already
said) and maybe the second a bit ...

If it is a cubic spline, than you would need AFAIK three
controlpoints to come from a round part of the spline to a
straight line ...

If you want it faster, that you should try to use beziers ...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','