POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for enhancement : Re: Request for enhancement Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for enhancement
From: =Bob=
Date: 2 Dec 2000 22:36:24
Message: <3a29bfb8@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris,

I was going to add in my post that a macro would
suffice to do the job, but I left it off as I was doing
three things at once. I do appreciate your solution
to my need, and will probably implement something
of the sort. It's just that it does puff up the code
quite a bit when you use hundreds of variables, and
the interpreter could do the job so much faster. Maybe
not as much as I think?

Thanks again, wishing you a wonderful evening!
=Bob=

"Chris Colefax" <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

[My post and solution deleted]

: This should behave exactly as you want, issuing a warning when you try to
: assign a value to a non-defined variable (and even showing you the
mistyped
: variable name!).
:
: If you want to go one step further, you can create macros that allow you
: use named options with macro functions (so you don't have to
declare/assign
: all the options you want to use) - see my Spline Macro File at
: http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/spline for details.
:
: