POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ... : Re: Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ...
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 30 Nov 2000 04:49:06
Message: <3a262292$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3a261624@news.povray.org>...
>  AVI is a lossless format so that can't be the reason for not
supporting it.

yes, this format supports uncompressed frames
http://www.jmcgowan.com/avicodecs.html#DIB
this should be simple to init empty avi first and
add every rendered frame to uncompressed avi
or not init empty but put rendered subframes into exact place
and at finish pover can run something like avi2mpg
this should use exact the same disk space like set of tga or bmp
useful link: http://www.jmcgowan.com/avi.html

ABX