POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Macro for brick wall : Re: Macro for brick wall Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro for brick wall
From: autowitch
Date: 27 Nov 2000 16:49:59
Message: <3a22d707@news.povray.org>
"David Wilkinson" <dav### [at] blueyondercouk> wrote in message

> There are many others using individually defined bricks.  These give good
> control, but tend to be slow rendering.

I have a macro that builds walls out of isosurface blocks (it's geared
towards stone block walls as opposed to brick walls (it's pretty easy to
tweak though)).  It's ungodly slow. The source is in p.b.s-f ("Source for
isosurface blocks and columns": 9/1/2000).  I will eventually have it on my
website (amongst other things).

There are plenty of good brick wall macros out there.  You should be able to
find one that is close to what you have in mind.
--
autowitch