POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : installing POVRay for Linux : Re: installing POVRay for Linux Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: installing POVRay for Linux
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Nov 2000 18:18:51
Message: <3a2048db$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3a203a2c@news.povray.org> , "David" <dsf### [at] deltaistcuedu>
wrote:

> alright I tried it again, *even* re-d/l'd it, but i still get the error.
> Attached is the complete output of it.

The files on the server are known to be OK.  You probably have some proxy
server or another local cached copy or you simply have a bad connection.
What are you using to download the file?  Try using ftp to download; the ftp
server is at <ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/>.

Also, please do not post attachments in this group (simply cancel your
You may want to read the povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions post
"Welcome To the POV-Ray News Groups" which explains where you may post
attachments and where not.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg