POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Bob H
Date: 16 Nov 2000 16:23:39
Message: <3a14505b@news.povray.org>
news:3A144B7C.F9A3ADBB@pacbell.net...

> >     b) Is it connected to the internet?
> >
> >  Yes and no, Cable Modem (1-way)
>
> What does that mean ?

Ha ha, well, it means I'm continuously connected so long as I am dialed in via
the 56K modem.  Otherwise it's disconnected, far as I'm concerned, even though
the cable is still linked in.  One-way cable modem access, for those who don't
know, is simply a download route.  Uploads go through regular dial-up modems.
I figure that's half and half.  :-)

Bob