POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tutorial collection : Re: Tutorial collection Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tutorial collection
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 16 Nov 2000 14:44:54
Message: <3a143936@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote in message <3A142E5D.75A6A9EC@my-dejanews.com>...
>Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:
>> if you just name subdirectories as
>> clouds1, clouds2, focblur, globals, isosrf1, isosrf2, layers, loops,
>> macro, media1, media2, pigments, plant, sky, tree1, tree2, variabls,
>> water1, water2, water3
>
> This could be done but certainly must not be the only way of locating
the
> tuts. What if someone used media to make water? What if someone wrote
> sPatch tutorial to make trees?  A brilliant recursive macro to make a
> trees?

I'm not talking about watching your cd-rom
I'm talking about fast serching through directories with a little memory
yes, when I write list above I know that you can point that two
problems are described in one tutorial
but I write about situation when I know what I'm looking for
I exactly remember which tutoriual, I only want small part of source
(i.e. settings for media or radiosity)

> We could make some kind of dual structure for the tuts, where there
> is one big TXT file which simply lists a title or something about
every
> tut--the povray.binaries.tutorials structure you are insisting on.

yes, this is used in many ftps, good idea I think

> > I think you don't want prepare cdrom for one watch
> > I hope, you want povers to use your "product" every day
>
> Yes, I trust your noble motive in this regard and thanks for putting
up with
> my ornery counter-suggestions.

I didn't want be ironic, I hope you don't think that
my english could be raw
sometimes I must use elipses to express what I want
for example tonight I plan write very long post to p.u-p
but I'm affraid about proper words

ABX