POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tutorial collection : Re: Tutorial collection Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tutorial collection
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 15 Nov 2000 09:43:43
Message: <3a12a11f$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <"gregj;-"@aol.c;-om> wrote in message
<3a117063$1@news.povray.org>...
>Teach me. You're saying a problem with too many items in one directory?
>Like how many is a problem?

I don't know how many exactly but I remember from DOS and Windows 3.1
that about 2000 entries in directory slow system down dramatically
perhaps this is not limitation but reading method but
what I want to say that povray philosophy is to be platform independent
and as long there is dos version of povray
you shouldn't use long filenames in your cdrom project
(I know 10Best isn't IRTC but look at
http://www.irtc.org/stills/rules.html at 4.f
they point to ISO restrictions)

ABX