POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render direction : Re: render direction Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render direction
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Nov 2000 12:34:17
Message: <3a0ae019@news.povray.org>
In article <3A0A1728.6DED2CB0@rsp.com.au> , Ben Paschke <ben### [at] rspcomau>
wrote:

> Hiya folks,
>
> Just for a laugh, has anyone thought of adding the option of which way
> to render the image?
> For example, bottom to top or right to left, instead of the regular top
> to bottom starting at the left.
> Once or twice i've thought it may be nice...

Changing the render direction will have noticable side effect if you are
using procedural textures like POV-Ray does.  I have posted two images of
the spotted.pov example scene that comes with POV-Ray.  One is rendered from
the top to the bottom, the other from the bottom to the top.

      Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde