POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are the archives? : Re: Where are the archives? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are the archives?
From: Ken
Date: 29 Dec 2003 22:28:00
Message: <3FF0F14D.9C18340C@pacbell.net>
"Hughes, B." wrote:

> Hi there, Laurent. I don't remember there ever being a mailing list... which
> doesn't mean there wasn't, of course.
>
> I think the news.povray.org was started in 1997, and thereafter was purged
> in 1999,

Only povray.binaries.images and povray.binaries.animations were purged. The rest
of the news groups have full content dating back to there respective creation dates.
You will find a few inconsistencies from around '97 and '98. The admin. were still
getting use to the server software and a few messages got shanked in the process.
You will also find where a few people have gone back and canceled their own messages
for various reasons which has left a few holes in the message threading.

So, other than the purging in the two previously mentioned groups, message cancels
and the couple of admin. glitches, all messages ever posted to these groups should
be available for review.

--
Ken Tyler