POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Which is he best way to model the sun? : Re: Which is he best way to model the sun? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which is he best way to model the sun?
From: Apollo16
Date: 16 Dec 2003 11:53:17
Message: <3FDF37C4.9090502@earthlink.net>
Sorry... I should have used the word render... I am not really modeling
the sun in the astrophysical sense of the word. (That was part of my
thesis and I am finished with that my friend... I am finished with it!)
What I am looking to do is "render" the sun so that I can use this as a
demo in my undergraduate courses.

Thus... what you have started me off with is great! Just what I wanted.
Your version needs a shave but... Now that you have given me a great
start, I should be able to whip a good example together in no time!
Thanks again!

Apollo16

P.S. When I render the sun, I'll be sure to wear a sunscreen with an spf
of 5000!