POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Which is he best way to model the sun? : Which is he best way to model the sun? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Which is he best way to model the sun?
From: Apollo16
Date: 15 Dec 2003 16:03:12
Message: <3FDE20D9.1080200@earthlink.net>
The subject line says it all. Which is the best way to model the sun?
Ideally, I would like to be able to model the sun in the IR, visible, UV
and X-ray. Eventually, I would like to morph between these wavelengths
in an animation. Here is an example photo:

I also noticed this orrery:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/33847/

I checked the archives. Someone had previously asked for the source code
for the sun in the orrery but I couldn't find any follow up and do not
believe one was posted. (Unless I missed it.)

Any advice on the best approach? (For example, how would I do magnetic
field lines using media?)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and warnings of what doesn't work
well.

Apollo16