POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : More decay : Re: More decay Server Time
2 May 2024 11:03:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More decay
From: Mark Slone
Date: 9 Dec 2003 03:31:39
Message: <3FD537BD.53D7@hiwaay.net>
I also liked Forgotten neighborhood. I thought Old barn was impressive,
and I was disappointed there weren't more of those type images. I'm big
on realism and technical achievement and those two were near the top in
both.

While not technically perfect, I rated the Champ highly and was
surprised it scored out of the top ten; maybe its concept was not direct
enough for some people, or others rate realism even more highly than I
do. I thought some of the details were impressive and Ron always puts a
lot of thought into the concept.

A lot of nice "concept" or poster images this round that showed a lot of
creativity and took the concept into directions I hadn't expected; a
very entertaining collection. It was hurt a bit by all the
slapped-together skeleton images (I'm not saying they shouldn't have
entered). Still, it's impressive to see what people can create in less
than two months.

-Renderdog