POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is it possible to layer a texture over a CSG ? : Re: Is it possible to layer a texture over a CSG ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to layer a texture over a CSG ?
From: Bernard Hatt
Date: 4 Dec 2003 17:29:40
Message: <3FCFB6F7.91B7E9CA@arkady.demon.co.uk>
Mike Williams wrote:

> Wasn't it Bernard Hatt who wrote:
> >
> >It seems that you can layer a (partly transparent) texture over a single
> >item, but not a union. Is there some way to do this ?
> >
> [...]
> I'd guess that it's not going to be possible to do what it looks like you want
> to do. If you want different inner layers on the components of your union, I
> think you're going to have to write the shared outer layer onto each
> individual component.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Thanks for the replies,

The problem is that I have an object constructed from a number of wooden
elements which are rotated/translated into position. If I apply the bozo
layer onto each element then the pattern doesn't match where the edges
of the elements meet...

As a workaround, I'll scale the bozo pattern smaller, to make it less obvious
where the joins are.

Regards,

Bernard