POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY SPEED : Re: POVRAY SPEED Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY SPEED
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 1 Dec 2003 11:20:49
Message: <3FCB6A57.1020605@hotmail.com>
I use LightWave 7.5 and have seen the difference. LightWave is slower
with its radiosity than POV 3.5..... (o.t. and you have to remember to
use adaptive antialiasing). Lightwave does not have a heightfield
object, so subdivision surfaces must be used. That's also slow.
Lightwave is not primarily a raytracer, but from what I've seen, POV-Ray
beats the hell out of LW's raytracing capabilities and speed.

m1j wrote:
<snip>

> I have been using lightwave for a while and have noticed that POVRay seems
> just as fast if not faster on high quality full radiosity renderings.

<snip>

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom