POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : eval_pigment and uv_mapping? : eval_pigment and uv_mapping? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  eval_pigment and uv_mapping?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 30 Nov 2003 15:20:34
Message: <3FCA5FC5.B23D7467@gmx.de>
High!

While testing my new "greypat2mesh" macro with various pigment pattern,
I had to notice the eval_pigment obviously doesn't allow the use of
uv_mapping with the pigment to be evaluated - I alway get the error
message "The 'uv_mapping' pattern cannot be used as part of a pigment
function!". Strange... because uv_mapping is rather a pattern modifier
than a pattern itself!

Is there a way to work this around and avoid the ugly distortions when
using a pattern on a sphere without uv_mapping for the mesh calculation?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar