POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 13 Oct 2003 19:53:48
Message: <3F8B3B09.7040505@hotmail.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> I am willing to give any assistance you need.

Hi Chris.

I was just messing with the compile Lutz-Peter made. It would appear
there are some major shadow bugs present. For instance, sometimes the
blob object won't self-shadow. Also, when a non-blob object intersects
the blob, the resulting shadow cast by the blob is often incomplete.

There is another problem which happens sporadically. A little hole will
sometimes appear in the blob object, and it can't be fixed with a higher
accuracy or max_gradient.

I'm sure you are aware of these problems, but I can send you examples if
you need me to.

I don't know how far I'll get on the docs. I don't want to clog up the
text with too many 'sorry but...'s.

Happy POV-ing

--
Samuel Benge