POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:51:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 13 Oct 2003 11:46:40
Message: <3F8AC8DD.5070306@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Sounds great.  For a possible inclusion in MegaPOV you should make sure
> you don't use too fancy HTML features so it can be converted into
> docbook source without problems.

I don't know any fancy HTML features, so you can be sure I won't use
them. Just some simple hyperlinks and example images should do the job.

> It will probably not be as versatile as the isosurface object but surely
> it can be very useful.

It will be used where an isosurface would not be practical.
Texture-based displacements could still be performed, but with less
precision and possibly more difficulty than isosurfaces. Eroding
surfaces would be quite possible with a simple loop.

> I can't help with a Windows compiled version but i am sure someone else
> will be able to help.
>
> Christoph

I sure hope so. How can we generate enough interest without producing
example images?

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom