POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
28 Jun 2024 15:58:46 EDT (-0400)
  Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Oct 2003 15:48:48
Message: <3F870D1A.3030909@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote in povray.binaries.images 10/03:
->>You can find some discussion about inclusion in megapov in the
->>original announcement thread - with negative result for the moment so
->>sum it up. If you would like to write some user documentation for it
->>that would already be a large step forward.

To Chris Huff and other interested POV-Ray community members:

I would definitely be willing to write documentation and render examples
for the blob2 patch. But to do so, I would need a compiled, working
patch for Windows.

The documentation would be a collection of local, hyperlinked HTML
files. I would approach the subject in a similar way as I did with the
isosurface tutorial a couple years back. It would come from the
end-user's perspective, giving practical applications, troubleshooting
tips and easy usage guidlines.

Since I'm currently not working, it would give me a singular task to
focus on for the moment, that is, if people are interested in the blob2
patch.

A major concern about developing a new patch is whether or not the
public is really interested in it. I believe the community of POV users
would be interested in blob2, if they knew what could be accomplished
with it. Fabien Mosen hit it right on the head when he said "SHOW
PICTURES to the public". I believe this is how the isosurface became so
popular.

I'm willing to push the project forward an inch or two. If you are
interested, contact me or reply to this post.

Happy POVing!

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom