POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pile of sticks? : Re: Pile of sticks? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pile of sticks?
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 2 Oct 2003 17:52:20
Message: <3F7C9D8B.134C3F5F@onwijs.com>
-s0da- wrote:

> Anyone else have any ideas on this?
>
> This has to be a pretty common problem, right?
>
> apply it to a pile of marbles, or a pile of books,
> or a toy box.
>
> Is it simply a matter of just placing each one individually?

That was my first reaction, and my second and I still concur :)
I think for some problems (like this one) trying to create an automated
process (macro or whatever) will be overkill. Unless of course someone
does come up with a fairly simple, elegant and robust solution.
Of course if you want to stack hundreds of sticks that wouldn't work,
but then a macro needn't be perfect because who would see the small
errors?

Just my thoughts....

Re
mco