POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file : Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Sep 2003 18:24:07
Message: <3F6A3022.57C52746@onwijs.com>
This will probably not answer the question OR have been mentioned
several times before but having read this thread today I realized I have
to do this quite often. I never thought about it until today. Here's
what I do: move the cursor to the start of the selection. Hold Shift
down and move the cursor down. This can be done by simply scrolling with
the down key, scrolling faster with the PgDn key or jumping to the end
of the file with Ctrl-PgDn. When you're at the end of the selection
release the Shift and presto. I guess the relevant point here is that
you don't use the mouse (prevents RSI too).

Perhaps we need a tutorial on scrolling or should this just be part of
the POVRay documentation?

Cheers!

Remco