POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? : Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 20 Aug 2003 11:29:19
Message: <3F43B1E8.DC63A457@tiscalinet.de>
High!

I'm looking for a vector graphics program (for Windows or Linux) which
is able to export polygons and curves,
especially Bezier curves, as splines to PoV-Ray. The program should also
support import of bitmap graphics, so that I
would be able to manually draw a bezier curve based on a scanned image.

The underlying problem is that I want to raytrace some Arabic and
Chinese calligraphies made by a friend and, up to
now, found heightfields made out of the (slighly blurred for smooth
edges)  scanned originals quite dissatisfactory, they
look to "pixely"...

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm