POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Mystery...Notes : Re: Mystery...Notes Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:49:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mystery...Notes
From: Nico
Date: 14 Aug 2003 11:05:14
Message: <3F3BA529.9070905@loria.fr>

>>The blob tree
>>This image has a deja vue feel to it.  But I gotta admit, it made me
> laugh.
>

> And I'm still trying to find time to check out his macro to place all the
> blobs!  Can't have been easy!

In fact, it was not so difficult: I used the trace macro and from high
above the tree (but within x-z bouding box) and hit rays vertically and
randomly until I hit the tree, then check that normal was approximately
y and found position was far enough from other blobs (I recorded
position in an array) and that's it.
It's possible the trace-code is not included in the zipfile, I don't
remember.

Nicolas