POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement : Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement
From: Christian Jacquemin
Date: 12 Aug 2003 14:31:53
Message: <3F393164.6080904@limsi.fr>
> Releasing source code can only help you make it stable. People interested in
> using it could help you.
> I think that your webpage should contain _raw_ output of your tool. Otherwise
> it is hard to say anything about achieved quality.

Following your idea, I'll make the source code and sample POVray files
available quicker than I first intended to.

>>Rendering time was relatively long (~ 4 months CPU), but I am
>>really happy with the quality of the images made by PovRay.
>>

> I think you should investigate a lot in understanding "how to achieve
> effective rendering with POV-Ray". For example animation round in IRTC takes 3
> months for thinking, designing, scripting, rendering.

This was not my primary purpose. I have used transparency and/or
reflection for most objects which finally resulted in long
rendering times. I admitt that I could have spend more time
in making rendering more efficient. This was not an important
issue for this film.

> What resoulution did you used designing this page? Your frames are not
> user-friedly under 1024x768 at all.

You are right. I usually manage better my display!

> That would be always welcome. I'm looking forward for info about progress of
> this project.

I'll send another mail when I make source code and PovRay outputs
available. Probably not before mid-september since I'm leaving
for vacations tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

-Christian