POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement : Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement
From: Christian Jacquemin
Date: 12 Aug 2003 13:15:15
Message: <3F391F6E.1010601@limsi.fr>
Hi,

I have developped Virtual Choreographer a tool for designing 3D scenes
and exporting them to 2 formats: Renderman and PovRay. It can also
be used for making real-time aninations and plugged with Max (PureData,
JMax or Max/MSP) through UDP connections for synchronous real-time
image and audio synthesis.

The tool is still under development and I will distribute the
source code as soon as it reaches a relatively stable state.
I also need to write a detailed documentation. I currently
provide the Linux executable and all the scene description
files that were used to generate the film. I have also compiled
VC for MacOSX. It should be easily compiled on Windows as well
since it is C++/OpenGL.

The tool has been used to make a 5'30 film. The images were
rendered from the files generated by VC. The film compositing
and special effects have been made with AfterEffects.
Rendering time was relatively long (~ 4 months CPU), but I am
really happy with the quality of the images made by PovRay.
I just got one small problem with flat objects that were
ignored when they were seen from above almost vertically.

You will find more details on the tool and the film at :

http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/jacquemi/SCEINES/

I'll be happy to give more details if you are interested.

-Christian