POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question : Re: MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question Server Time
28 Jun 2024 15:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Mechsim Motion Question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jul 2003 11:15:33
Message: <3F1FF814.8B6BC333@gmx.de>
Tom Bates wrote:

> [...]
>
> I could not seem to properly read the "MSIM" bit at the beginning of the standard
> mechsim topology file, (MegaPOV gave me the message: "Parse Error: Expected 'float,
> vector, or string literal', undeclared identifier 'MSIM' found instead")

Yes, i know this problem, POV-Ray expects strings to be in quotes.  I
thought about either adding quotes to the file format or introducing an
additional patch for a more tolerant #read function.  I must say i don't
like any of those solutions. :-(

> so I also
> replaced the save_file command with my own macro that created a file that used only
> floats and vectors.  I've included the macros "DoMyLoadFile" and "DoMySaveFile".

Without analyzing your code in depth - it can't work since you call your
'DoMySaveFile' immediately after 'DoMyLoadFile' so you save exactly what
you read.  The simulation is done at the end of the mechsim{} block so you
will have to save your data afterwards (the internal 'save_file' waits
until after the simulation of course).

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______