POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OpenGL wireframe preview patch available : Re: OpenGL patch update (June 15/2003) Server Time
30 Jun 2024 19:44:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL patch update (June 15/2003)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Jun 2003 12:40:31
Message: <3EEDF2FE.C3279B65@gmx.de>
Ray Gardener wrote:

> Camera problems have been fixed.
> Any POV-Ray perspective camera should work now,
> except those with inverted vectors such as rad_def_test.pov,
> which will appear flipped horizontally.

That will diminish the usability of your patch quite a lot - various
sample scenes from the official distribution (particularly most i made
:-)) work this way - same applies for scenes generated by Moray AFAIK.

I agree with Gilles that the use of a quick preview is not very
significant without 'interactive' features - those would be difficult (but
not impossible) to implement in a portable way of course.  If it's just
the static preview it does not matter much if it takes 0.1 seconds or 1
second - this can be achieved with raytracing as well when you reduce
quality of the result.

Christoph