POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Your wanted features : Re: Your wanted features Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:53:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your wanted features
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Jun 2003 16:09:04
Message: <3EDFA387.7E2F7C05@gmx.de>
Rohan Bernett wrote:

> Let's make a nice big list of all the features people would like to see in
> an official/unofficial version of POVRay!

I don't think this is a good idea, a lot of 'i want' without much
knowledge about how something works and if it is necessary at all is not
very helpful.  An 'i would like to see feature XXX in POV-Ray' when XXX is
anything someone has read about in an advertisement for whatever program
won't lead to anything.

There is nothing against putting together a list but this would only be
valuable when at least someone has already seriously made up his mind
about any item in that list.

If you want to discuss an idea for a new feature it is usually better to
post about what effect you are trying to achieve and possibly why you are
not content with the way this is currently possible in POV.

Christoph