POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Quiz : Re: POV-Ray Quiz Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Quiz
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Jun 2003 14:09:29
Message: <3EDB92D8.6C1C56F3@gmx.de>
Gena wrote:

> From the thread 'Concept car' in p.b.i. you can see that many
> people are interested in POV-Ray Quiz :) The one suggested
> by Ken is more for POV-Ray developers rather than POV-Ray
> users which I think is majority in POV-Ray community.
>
> [...]

I agree that the hardcore Pover test is quite focussed on
programmer-characters among the POV-Ray users but i also think a multiple
choice quiz is not adequate for POV-Ray.  POV-Ray is not a multiple choice
program after all - there are no dialogs with checkboxes for adjusting
settings.

There are a lot of things that can't be asked in form of a multiple choice
question without making things really easy and if you are able to answer a
lot of those questions you are not necessarily very competent in using
POV-Ray.

Christoph