POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Filled Height field : Filled Height field Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Filled Height field
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 30 May 2003 18:14:00
Message: <3ED7D7A8.10509@hotpop.com>
Hi,
   I need to make a filled height field, that is, a height field which
has an interior beneath the top surface.

I've been looking and the height_field cannot do this in my
understanding, possibly an isosurface could, but you can probably
compare my skills to a newbies'!

If not possible I was thinking on tracing the hf and put a sphere and a
cylinder from there to y=-1...  this would be extremely memory exaustive
and would probably end up being impossible with my hardware.  I need a
very big precision hf, I could possibly then try with a low res hf, make
the same thing with cylinders in a blob and then apply a normal texture
or a bump_map of some sort to give more precision?

But I really don't know what is the best thing I should do!

Thanks for any help!
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/