POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fog & media together? : Re: Fog & media together? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog & media together?
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 25 May 2003 09:17:13
Message: <3ED0C258.10704@hotpop.com>
gonzo wrote:
> I have some transparent spheres filled with scattering & emission media
> which look fine by themselves, and I want them hovering over a scene with
> ground fog in the background which also looks fine by itself, but when I
> combine them the spheres aren't transparent anymore.
>
> How can I put the spheres in the scene without the container showing?
>
> Or how can I get a background fog that's only in the background and doesn't
> interact with the foreground?

In my comprehension of the fog, it will adjust the final color of a
pixel to the fog color based on the distance of collision between
objects.  I think the fog cannot collision with your media inside the
spheres, but only with the spheres themselves, thus making something
possibly strange about the spheres.

I think, but I'm not sure at all that the only way to solve your problem
would be to have a real atmosphere in your scene, a scene media of some
sort, I think it's possible, I think it will solve your problem, but I'm
not sure how well this will work.

Hope this helps at least a little!
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/