POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radial coordinates in POV : Re: Radial coordinates in POV Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radial coordinates in POV
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 19 May 2003 05:55:04
Message: <3EC8AAC3.8090502@club-internet.fr>
If I get it right, it seems to me that the base of the problem is that
POVRay uses indirect coordinate system (left hand), but it is not enough
to take z as the up direction, you should take -z. In a direct
coordinate system (u, v, w), the w vector should see u->v in the
trigonometric way (which is counter clock). Putting "-" in the right
places in your formulas should do it.

JC