POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering texture for use in SkySphere : Re: Rendering texture for use in SkySphere Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering texture for use in SkySphere
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 14 May 2003 20:07:24
Message: <3EC2DA3C.6060807@hotpop.com>
>   You know what? I have done *exactly* this about a week ago for a
> school project (ie. render an environment map with povray and use it
> in a "sky sphere" in OpenGL).

Good to see a fellow OpenGL devellopper! =)

>             glTexCoord2d(double(hInd)/(steps*2), vTexCoord1);
>             glVertex3d(-hsin*vsin1, vcos1, hcos*vsin1);

It seems to me that you build a sphere correctly, but map the image like
if the sphere were a cylinder, there is no sin, cos, etc.. in your
glTexCoord2d() statement...

I probably missed something somewhere; I a good programmer, but a poor
analyst...

I will try to render a grid with povray and map the grid, this way I
will clearly see any deformation!

Thanks Warp!
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/