POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering texture for use in SkySphere : Rendering texture for use in SkySphere Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering texture for use in SkySphere
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 14 May 2003 15:24:41
Message: <3EC297FA.9010509@hotpop.com>
Hi there,
   I was wondering what where the best ways I could render a nice
SkySphere, what kind of camera, etc...

Say I want to draw a sky full of stars...  say my stars are sphere...
say that I can place the spheres all around the origin to make a sphere
of stars around it.

Now how could I capture this sphere from the origin to make a texture
that I can use in an object like a skysphere later.

(Actually, I will use it out of povray, so I really need to render the
texture)

Thanks,
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/