POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : camera/image output question : camera/image output question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  camera/image output question
From: ross litscher
Date: 10 May 2003 18:48:53
Message: <3EBD7670.3030508@osu.edu>
Say i have a box

box {
   <.5, .25, .5>,
   <-.5, -.25, -.5>
}

which when i render with a camera

camera {
   perspective
   location <0, 0, -8>
   look_at <0, 0, 0>
   up y
   angle 45
}

at image dimensions 320x240, the resulting box is roughly 50x20 pixels
with tons of space around the image. what would I have to do to render
an output image of 50x20 pixels that is filled perfectly with exactly
one instance of the box and no "empty space" around the box. I hope I
made this sort of clear. The purpose of this is so i don't have to crop
the image in some other editing program.

Also, is there an IRC server and channel for povray? i looked around a
few but i didn't see anything.

thanks,
ross