POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Extending the #read directive : Re: Extending the #read directive Server Time
18 May 2024 08:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extending the #read directive
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 May 2003 08:40:17
Message: <3EBA5031.EDABF9C2@gmx.de>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> > > However, the feature would be useful.
> >
> > Probably, but not universal. '\0' is '\0' :-(
>
> You mean, it's not platform independant? At least this is the only
> hinderness I can think of.

No, i think he means if the file contains a '\0' this will result in a
'\0' :-)

'\0' indicates the end of a string so this would mess up the whole thing.

As a general note threads starting with:

> This is my first post in this group, and I don't qualify as a C or C++
> programmer but I have a suggestion:

are usually a bad idea because they tend to contain a specific suggestion
for a feature although this often does not make sense.  You should better
tell what you are trying to achieve and not what you think is the best way
to achieve it.

Christoph