POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely : Re: Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 May 2003 06:13:12
Message: <3EBA2DB7.35AA00EA@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Peter Popov wrote:

> >http://cygwin.com/xfree/
>
> Doesn't that imply I'll need cygwin (which recently got over 1 GB)?

First you don't need all cygwin components (in fact for only running
remote x sessions you will only need very few) and then even a complete
Cygwin is not that large.  My current cygwin download directory which
contains most packages, quite a lot in several versions, and a somewhat
older version of XFree is 275 Mb, unpacked that could be nearly 1 GB but
most things are not needed (unless you want such useful tools as gcc,
perl, python, tex, ... ;-)

Christoph