POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray VS MegaPOV : Re: POV-Ray VS MegaPOV Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray VS MegaPOV
From: Mike Williams
Date: 20 Oct 2000 14:00:24
Message: <3EAG8JA15G85Ew6I@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Chris Huff who wrote:
>In article <39EF7EAE.93AD3385@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst
><mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:
>
>> Yes. Although I believe a few features, e.g. radiosity, are not fully
>> backwards-compatible.
>
>Radiosity will require completely different settings, anything which
>uses noise(bozo, wrinkles, agate, and many other patterns, things like
>turbulence and iridescence) will look slightly different...I think
>that's it.

There are a few extra reserved words. I found that a lot of my old POV-
Ray scenes needed to be modified because they used "r" as a variable.

The new faster #macro implementation won't handle nested #macros,
whereas POV-Ray does handle them. I.e. you must #end one #macro before
you start defining the next one.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure