POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : (vector) sum of two objects : Re: (vector) sum of two objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (vector) sum of two objects
From: Achill
Date: 24 Apr 2003 16:04:29
Message: <3EA84332.50203@ma.tum.de>
Alan Walkington wrote:
> This might actually be approximated in the following manner:
>
> Given a sphere (A) and a cube(B) in CSG, normalise them at <0,0,0>.and
> construct a mesh equivilent for each. Create an alogrithm that, for each
> vertice in A, finds an equivelant vertice (or set of vertices) in B and
> builds a new mesh using these results.  If I am visualing this properly,
> this might give the effect of a 'rounded cube' for this example.

Adding mesh approximations of solids should be possible, like adding
polytopes. The "vertices" and some more useless points (which have to be
excluded, for example with the help of a "convex hull algorithm") are
given by all possible sums of vertices from the input sets.

That seems to be a bigger project though... :-)

Achill